For millions of people around the world, remember to take medication, what time, and in what amount is literally a matter of life and death. Dosage loss can have serious implications, but without help, this can easily occur.
Automatic medicine dispenser is the latest innovations that make life with a complicated pill regimen easy. Simply pre-fill the 30-day compartment with doses morning, afternoon and evening and let the dispenser do all the hard work. The drug dispenser informs the patient at a specified time and gives the correct pill every time.
Here are some of the main features that need to be considered before you buy:
1. What capacity do you need? If you take lots of pills during treatment, or if you take larger pills, make sure the compartment can accommodate your needs.
2. What alarm type do you need? Most units come standard with a choice of flashing LED lights or bells, but not all. Patients with hearing loss will need flashing LED so they can be warned.
3. Do you need a lock pill compartment? For caregivers, it is sometimes necessary to lock the pill compartment to prevent interference from smart patients or to stay safe from children.
4. Does the unit have a spare battery? Most units require an ordinary household outlet for power but make sure your unit has a spare battery if the power goes out.
5. Do you need an email report? Some upscale units offer this feature. Caregivers are sent an e-mail or SMS when the medication has been distributed and drunk, which can provide peace of mind when medication adherence is a must.
These are just a few of the most important factors when shopping for automatic drug dispensers. This invaluable tool is great for caregivers, patients with dementia or Alzheimer's, and can mean the difference between life and death for many people.